How can I change the nameservers for my domain?
In order to change the nameservers for your domain please do the following:
Sign in to your Namecheap account
Click on your username - it will be on the black bar located at the top of the page
Go to Manage Domains
Click on the domain you would like to edit
Click on Transfer DNS to Webhost (or Domain Name Server Setup) to setup the nameservers for your domain
Select Specify Custom DNS Servers (Your own DNS Servers) option and enter the nameservers accordingly
Click Save changes
Note that it may take up to 24-48 hours for the changes to take effect worldwide.
1. Log into your GoDaddy account.
2. Click the Launch button on the Domains line.
3. Click on the domain that you want to change your Nameservers for.
4. Click Manage on the line Nameservers line.
5. Select Custom then Click Add Name Server.
6. Enter your AICheapwebhosting Nameservers address into the box. (Make sure you add both AICheap Nameservers).
Note: You can find your AICheapwebhosting Nameservers information by going to your email inbox and find the welcome Email from https://aicheapwebhosting.com
7. Click OK
Please allow 12 to 24 hours to update the records and papulate.
In Order to add domain to your cpanel account, every one has to follow the instruction listed below.
First of all, you will need to change the DNS servers to our nameservers dns1.aicheaphosting.com and dns2.aicheaphosting.com.
If the domain is registered with aicheap, please do the following:
• Login to your aicheap account > Domains button
• Click on Manage Domains and click on the domain you would like to use with our hosting
• Click on Tranfer DNS to Webhost (or Domain Name Server Setup )
• Select Use aicheap Hosting DNS Servers
• Click Save Changes
Now you may add the new name as an Addon Domain at cPanel. For that please do the following:
- Login to your cPanel;
- Go to the menu “Domains” -> “Addon Domains”;
- Fill in all the required fields with necessary information (it's not necessary to change such fields as the “Subdomain/Ftp Username” and ”Document Root”, these fields will be filled automatically);
- Click on the “Add domain” button;
- A new Addon domain will appear in the “Modify Addon Domain” table.
Email Account Forwarders
The Email Account Forwarders table lists all of the email accounts for which you have configured forwarding.
To quickly find a specific email address, enter a keyword in the Search text box and click Go.
To view the route that a forwarded message takes, select Trace in the Functions column for that email address.
To delete a forwarder, click Delete in the appropriate row. Click Delete Forwarder to confirm that you wish to delete that forwarder.
To add a mail forwarder, perform the following steps:
Click Add Forwarder.
In the Address to Forward text box, enter the address for which you wish to forward email.
Select one of the following options:
Forward to email address — Select this option to forward mail to another address. Enter the address to which you wish to forward mail in the text box.
Discard and send an error to the sender (at SMTP time) — Select this option to discard incoming messages and automatically send a failure notice to the sender. Enter the desired failure message in the Failure Message text box.
Click Advanced Options to view the following additional options:
Forward to a system account — Select this option to forward mail to a system user. Enter the appropriate username in the text box.
Pipe to a program — To automatically forward messages to a program, define a path to the program (for example, /home/$utility) in the text box. For more information, read the Pipe to a Program section below.
Discard (Not Recommended) — Select this option to discard incoming messages without a failure notice.
Click Add Forwarder.
If you do not delete the cPanel account for which mail is forwarded, both accounts will receive mail.
If you wish to forward mail to another account but notreceive mail at your cPanel account, create a forwarder from an address that does not have a cPanel account.
If the account already exists, delete it in cPanel.
The system will forward all of the mail that you receive to the destination that you configure in this interface.
Let us know if you have any query or issue.